RemotePoland, Zachodniopomorskie, SzczecinNaturalAntibody
NaturalAntibody is a company specializing in the development of computational methods for antibody-based drug discovery. Our goal is to understand the biology of antibody molecules, their therapeutic context, and how such knowledge can be translated to improved antibody therapy design. We pursue this goal by collecting, generating, and analyzing antibody data, with an end goal of applying our findings to antibody discovery.
Python Backend Developer
We are looking for a Python Backend Developer for the NaturalAntibody team. As a member of the team, you will be working on products focusing on the discovery of therapeutic antibodies. We are looking for a person for whom the quality of the produced software is an indispensable part of the work. In addition to writing tests, you will make sure that your code complies with good principles such as Clean Code, Tell Don't Ask, based on good rules derived from the object-oriented and functional programming paradigm.
- developing software to support major pharmaceutical companies in antibody production and analysis,
- building Data-Driven applications, operating on the results of processing terabytes of data,
- creating systems in the (micro)services architecture using libraries such as FastAPI, Celery, and standards compatible with OpenAPI,
- delivering testable code of high quality, compliant with good practices, based on both object-oriented and functional paradigms (we don't like object-oriented or functional purism),
- deploying your code to production,
- developing CI/CD,
- defining infrastructure by writing K8s and Terraform manifests,
- documenting code,
- reviewing code of other team members,
- using Agile methodology (Scrum / Kanban) at work,
- cooperation with experts in the field of antibody analysis and Machine Learning.
- minimum 2 years of experience as a Backend Python Developer and good knowledge of this language,
- commercial work with one of the popular web frameworks such as: FastAPI (preferred), Flask or Django in combination with ORM / ODM, and Asyncio,
- ability to write tasks using Celery,
- knowledge of asynchronous and multithreaded programming,
- very good knowledge of type systems in Python (including Generics, abstract classes, Protocols, TypeGuards, ParamSpecs),
- experience in working with databases such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and knowledge of creating efficient search structures,
- knowledge of microservices architecture and patterns related to it,
- ability to write clean, testable, and maintainable code,
- knowledge of application architecture and knowledge of code quality issues (good practices, code smells, continuous refactoring),
- knowledge of functional and object-oriented paradigms and the ability to use them alternately.
Nice to have
- knowledge of Beanie / MongoEngine and Pydantic,
- good knowledge of OpenAPI standard and related tooling,
- ability to write contract tests,
- experience with Docker (ability to build a development image / define docker-compose), basic knowledge of K8S,
- knowledge of Domain-Driven Design, software archetypes, or willingness to develop in this area,
- knowledge of basic DevOps,
- knowledge of Terraform.
- Regular: 12,000 - 19,000 net + VAT (B2B),
- Senior: 19,000 - 23,000 net + VAT (B2B),
- 26 annual paid days off,
- possibility of 100% remote or office work in Szczecin,
- work on an innovative project and a direct impact on its development,
- significant participation in shaping the structure of the organization,
- access to unique knowledge and cooperation with outstanding experts and business partners from around the world,
- private medical care package (Medicover Premium), Multisport Plus card.